Stone Construction Equipment has a new product line that places grout and masonry mortar using a mechanical delivery system, the Groutzilla Placement System. The power-take-off (PTO) driven unit simplifies placement of grout in blocks, walls, forms and foundations, delivering optimal control, minimal clean-up and high productivity. Groutzilla handles 20 cubic feet of material and works in concert with a telehandler or forklift.
The Groutzilla Placement System comes with an eight-foot reinforced rubber discharge hose, and other lengths are available. The system can be filled from either a ready-mix truck or a mortar mixer. Features include:
- Self-wiping Talet auger system, which allows for optimal discharge flow control, minimal wasted material and easy cleanup
- Auger with reinforced, composite polymer flighting, which prevents binding due to various aggregate sizes
- Angled geometry of the heavy-duty hopper, which promotes flow to the auger and helps prevent accumulation of grout on the hopper’s sidewalls
- Heavy-duty steel hopper that is easily replaceable, extending the life of the system
- Positive hydraulically controlled shut-off value that seals the hopper and stops material flow when activated
- Swing-away discharge snout, which eliminates the need for tools to clean the system and is ergonomically designed to eliminate handling of heavy components
- Flush-out grate that provides convenient access to rinse the discharge snout during cleanup.
- Return to the feature story: “Mixers, Pumps and Delivery Systems”
- 55September 2015 By Todd Ferguson The masonry industry has established guidelines for masonry grout, which allows contractors to produce quality materials and deliver them efficiently to where they are needed on the jobsite. The “Standard Specification for Grout for Masonry” (ASTM C476) is the prevailing specification in the masonry industry.…
- 43March 2011 Mixers, Pumps and Delivery Systems Core Filling With a Masonry Grout Pump Batching onsite with a masonry grout pump By Todd Ferguson Mason contractors can accomplish structural reinforcement core filling requirements by pumping grout or mortar with a masonry grout pump. Using a masonry grout pump can be…
- 39September 2013 Mixers, Pumps and Delivery Systems Mortar and Grout Delivery An overview of equipment features that allow you to meet the challenges of proper mortar and grout delivery By Todd Ferguson On any masonry jobsite, contractors are faced with decisions on how to best manage their material production and…
- 37November 2014 Natural Stone Natural Bond: Mortar, Natural Stone and the Mason The Sonoran Desert is considered one of the hottest deserts in North America, but tucked into the rolling hills and dramatic scenery of north Scottsdale, Ariz., sits one of the coolest natural stone residences imaginable. Nestled into one…
- 35Construction employers added 29,000 jobs in February and 321,000 over the past year, reaching the highest employment total in six years, as the sector's unemployment rate fell to an eight-year low of 10.6 percent, according to an analysis by the Associated General Contractors of America. Association officials cautioned, however, that…