Stone Construction Equipment has a new product line that places grout and masonry mortar using a mechanical delivery system, the Groutzilla Placement System. The power-take-off (PTO) driven unit simplifies placement of grout in blocks, walls, forms and foundations, delivering optimal control, minimal clean-up and high productivity. Groutzilla handles 20 cubic feet of material and works in concert with a telehandler or forklift.
The Groutzilla Placement System comes with an eight-foot reinforced rubber discharge hose, and other lengths are available. The system can be filled from either a ready-mix truck or a mortar mixer. Features include:
- Self-wiping Talet auger system, which allows for optimal discharge flow control, minimal wasted material and easy cleanup
- Auger with reinforced, composite polymer flighting, which prevents binding due to various aggregate sizes
- Angled geometry of the heavy-duty hopper, which promotes flow to the auger and helps prevent accumulation of grout on the hopper’s sidewalls
- Heavy-duty steel hopper that is easily replaceable, extending the life of the system
- Positive hydraulically controlled shut-off value that seals the hopper and stops material flow when activated
- Swing-away discharge snout, which eliminates the need for tools to clean the system and is ergonomically designed to eliminate handling of heavy components
- Flush-out grate that provides convenient access to rinse the discharge snout during cleanup.
- Return to the feature story: “Mixers, Pumps and Delivery Systems”
- 55The masonry industry has established guidelines for masonry grout, which allows contractors to produce quality materials and deliver them efficiently to where they are needed on the jobsite. The “Standard Specification for Grout for Masonry” (ASTM C476) is the prevailing specification in the masonry industry.
- 37Bloctrak is a galvanized track that provides superior reinforcement between block mortar joints and enables block to be laid in a fast, easy, and self-leveling manner.