World of Concrete/World of Masonry 2009
The weather was mild and the skies were blue for in Las Vegas for World of Concrete/World of Masonry 2009, which drew an energized crowd this year consisting of tens of thousands from all over the world. From the exciting, in-your-face outdoor exhibits, to the sea of indoor vendor booths from all facets of the industry, the show was full of those ready to see, hear and talk about what’s new. The SPEC MIX BRICKLAYER 500 was, again, a success, as was the MCAA’s Fastest Trowel on the Block contest (read more about the 2009 MCAA Convention on pp. 38 – 42). Many companies hosted press conferences at their booths to launch their latest and greatest products and services. Some vendors stated they were seeing more “serious” attendees and less “tire kickers” than in past years – a sign of today’s turbulent economy. All in all, a productive and fun time was had by all.
World of Concrete/World of Masonry 2009 delivered another busy show of new products and services to tens of thousands of attendees.
MSA launched new enhancements to the company Web site during World of Concrete.
Frank Owens stands beside Quikrete’s new green mortar product at the Quikrete booth.
Jeff Halbach stands with Capital Safety’s line of scaffold safety equipment at the company’s outside booth.
The crew at Masonry Tec had a successful show at World of Concrete.
The staff at Kem-O-Kleen had a busy week during World of Concrete.
Visitors to the ProSpec/Sakrete booth enjoyed a presentation demo from Sculpture Brick.
Steve Cook conducts business at the Kraft Tool both.
The MCAA’s Fastest Trowel on the Block competition winner, Pascal Robertson of Robertson Masonry in Sorrento, Fla., accepts a plaque and prizes from MCAA VP Mackie Brown (center) as MCAA President Tom Daniel (left) looks on.
- 55SPEC MIX BRICKLAYER 500 Nearly 4,000 spectators gathered to watch the 2015 SPEC MIX BRICKLAYER 500 World Championship event, held during MASONRY MADNESS Day at the World of Concrete/World of Masonry tradeshow in February. The competition pits some of the world’s best masons in one arena for a 60-minute battle that determines the “World’s Best…
- 49Each year, we bring you up-close coverage of the MCAA’s Legislative Conference in Washington, D.C., where association members and masonry industry leaders fly in for a few days of difference making. And, each year, we encourage everyone in the masonry industry to attend this important and beneficial event. So, to give you even more perspective,…
- 46March 2015 Saw Blades By Jim Cook The thing about blades is that they can always be a little sharper. That’s a maxim the masonry blade industry has taken to heart as it continues to innovate, making blades more versatile, more durable and less expensive to produce. The masonry blade industry has done much to…
- 45Results To-Date: 2014 SPEC MIX BRICKLAYER 500 Regional WinnersNow, in the middle of its fifth consecutive month, the 2014 SPEC MIX BRICKLAYER 500 Regional Schedule is all most wrapped and the first place winning teams are in for 21 of 22 qualifying competitions who will be headed to Las Vegas to compete in the World Championship…
- 42MCAA Annual Convention Coming in February During World of ConcreteBy Mark Kemp, MCAA ChairmanI would like to invite every member of the MCAA to join us this February in Las Vegas for the 2015 MCAA Convention at the World of Concrete/World of Masonry. The MCAA Convention is the perfect opportunity for you and your company to…