Five Companies Combine to Create Complete Masonry Cavity Wall System
Five companies in the construction industry have aligned to create a complete masonry cavity wall system. Owens Corning worked closely with industry businesses and their products to create a compatible, code-compliant and warrantied system. The CavityComplete Wall System for Steel Stud with Masonry Veneer makes it easier to specify and detail an assembly with components that are tested and proven to work together. The CavityComplete Wall System is the only wall system that is warrantied to reduce liability and allow architects and specifiers to design and specify with confidence. The system includes components from Owens Corning Sales LLC, Heckmann Building Products Inc., Mortar Net Solutions, Rodenhouse Inc. and Tremco Inc.
“The CavityComplete Wall System was designed with one goal in mind: to take the guesswork out of specifying,” said Greg Mather, vice president and general manager of Foam Insulation Systems at Owens Corning. “Working with the industry leaders, we have jointly created and warrantied this wall system to work together as a whole with proven products that are trusted by architects and specifiers.”
Owens Corning spearheaded this system with companies that have similar quality, performance and safety standards to ensure the wall system parts would function as a whole, including:
- Owens Corning FOAMULAR 250 Extruded Polystyrene (XPS) Rigid Foam Insulation for continuous insulation, EcoTouch Flame Spread 25 and EcoTouch PINK FIBERGLAS cavity insulation
- Tremco Incorporated ExoAir 230 Vapor-Permeable Air Barrier, ExoAir TWF Thru-Wall Flashing Self-Adhering Membrane, Dymonic 100 Polyurethane Sealant and TREMstop Smoke and Fire Sealant
- Rodenhouse, Inc. Thermal-Grip ci prong washers with Grip-Deck screws for continuous insulation and Thermal-Grip brick-tie washers for veneer anchors
- Heckmann Building Products, Inc. Pos-I-Tie masonry veneer anchoring system, with the Pos-I-TieThermalClip and pintle wire tie
- Mortar Net Solutions Multi-plane drainage system featuring the TotalFlash integrated drainage solution and the MortarNet with Insect Barrier mortar dropping collection device
- Owens Corning Thermafiber Safing Insulation for perimeter joint fire containment, when building codes require it
The CavityComplete Wall System is the next-generation cavity wall system solution designed to meet evolving architect and contractor needs, both today – and in the future. For more details about the CavityComplete Wall System for Steel Stud with Masonry Veneer including system component materials, specification resources, green building guides, warranty and more, visit www.CavityComplete.com.