Stone Construction Equipment has a new product line that places grout and masonry mortar using a mechanical delivery system, the Groutzilla Placement System. The power-take-off (PTO) driven unit simplifies placement of grout in blocks, walls, forms and foundations, delivering optimal control, minimal clean-up and high productivity. Groutzilla handles 20 cubic feet of material and works in concert with a telehandler or forklift.
The Groutzilla Placement System comes with an eight-foot reinforced rubber discharge hose, and other lengths are available. The system can be filled from either a ready-mix truck or a mortar mixer. Features include:
- Self-wiping Talet auger system, which allows for optimal discharge flow control, minimal wasted material and easy cleanup
- Auger with reinforced, composite polymer flighting, which prevents binding due to various aggregate sizes
- Angled geometry of the heavy-duty hopper, which promotes flow to the auger and helps prevent accumulation of grout on the hopper’s sidewalls
- Heavy-duty steel hopper that is easily replaceable, extending the life of the system
- Positive hydraulically controlled shut-off value that seals the hopper and stops material flow when activated
- Swing-away discharge snout, which eliminates the need for tools to clean the system and is ergonomically designed to eliminate handling of heavy components
- Flush-out grate that provides convenient access to rinse the discharge snout during cleanup.
- Return to the feature story: “Mixers, Pumps and Delivery Systems”