|Building designers, facility managers and construction professionals will be in attendance at the RCI 2012 Symposium on Building Envelope Technology, Oct. 22-23, 2012, at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown in Phoenix, Ariz.
The two-day program will feature 12 different educational sessions presented by leading building envelope designers. Speakers will offer experience-based insights for specification of sound, durable building exteriors. Most programs will focus on repair and sustainable design methods for strengthening and improving existing exterior envelopes.
Building envelope product manufacturers will be present with displays of the latest products and services. More than 250 building envelope professionals are expected to attend.
For more information, visit www.rci-online.org or call 800-828-1902.
Educational Presentations Will Include:
- Seismic Assessment of the Washington Monument and the National Cathedral
Erik C. Sohn, PE – Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc., Fairfax, VA
- Rethinking Gutter Design for Steep-Sloped Roofing
J. Lawrence Elkin, PE, CCT – Applied Building Sciences, Charleston, SC
- Building Envelope Design Under the 2009 Codes: Glazing Ratio Requirements
Stéphane Hoffman, PE – Morrison Hershfield, Bellevue, WA
Medgar Marceau, PE, ASHRAE, CDT, LEED AP – Morrison Hershfield, Bellevue, WA
- Energy and Moisture Performance of Attic Assemblies
André Desjarlais, Fellow ASTM – Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN
- Impressed Current Cathodic Protection: A Corrosion Mitigation Technique for Transitional Steel-Frame Masonry-Clad Buildings
Gina L. Crevello – Echem Consultants LLC , Accord, NY
- Cold Roof Design Practices and Performance: Case Studies
Loren D. Flick, PE – Building Consultants & Engineers, Inc., Littleton, CO
- Solar Reflectivity Studies
Vicente Montes-Amoros, PE, LEED AP BD+C – Curtain Wall Design & Consulting, Inc., Dallas, TX
- Gothic Revival: Lessons Learned From a Failed Historic Roof Restoration
Robert Fulmer – Fulmer Associates, Building Exterior Consultants, LLC, East Hampstead, NH
- Building Enclosure Commissioning
William D. Waterston, RRC, AIA – Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc., Boston, MA
Wei Lam, PE – Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc., Boston, MA
- Curtain Wall Issues, Problems, and Solutions
Karim P. Allana, RRC, RWC, PE – Allana Buick & Bers, Inc., Palto Alto, CA
- Low- or High-Vapor Permeability of Water-Resistive Barriers: Does It Matter?
Marcus Jablonka – Cosella-Dörken Products, Inc., Beamsville, ON
- Combination of Wind Load and Rain Load on Flat (Low-Slope) Roofs
Stephen Patterson, RRC, PE – Roof Technical Services, Inc., Fort Worth, TX
Madan Mehta, PE, PhD – University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX