Table of Contents
Volume 54, Number 5
Flashing and Drainage
A failure of the flashing and drainage plane can lead to degradation of many wall components.
Codes and Standards
The Masonry Alliance for Code and Standards is working to develop and submit code changes that will ultimately make buildings and their residents safer.
A hard-nosed look at what makes the saw industry tick from three experts
COLUMNS & DEPARTMENTS
- 71Flashing and Drainage By Jeremy Douglas The flashing and drainage plane has always been a critical component of any cavity wall system, diverting moisture outward as it collects in the cavity space to the exterior of the façade through the weep openings. A failure in this arrangement can ultimately lead to degradation of wall components…
- 62Saws By Jennifer Morrell Masonry wanted a hard-nosed look at what makes the saw industry tick, so we went to three experts to get the real scoop on what has changed – and what hasn’t – in the masonry saws industry. David Fernandez is product manager, commercial products, for Makita U.S.A. Inc. Saw industry veteran…
- 53Table of Contents May 2014 Volume 53, Number 5 FEATURES Flashing and Drainage Flashing, something you can see little of on a completed building, can be the difference in how a project turns out. Minimizing Dust on the Job Power equipment manufacturers are working to help mason contractors meet OSHA requirements for silica dust elimination.…
- 53June 2013 Codes Standards and Reports Building Codes, Industry Standards and Evaluation Reports By Lonnie Haughton Given the complementary roles and functions of building codes, industry standards and product evaluation reports, it is important that all construction professionals understand the appropriate applications for each. Building codes The controlling building codes for most state and local…
- 51March 2015 Saw Blades By Jim Cook The thing about blades is that they can always be a little sharper. That’s a maxim the masonry blade industry has taken to heart as it continues to innovate, making blades more versatile, more durable and less expensive to produce. The masonry blade industry has done much to…