Volume 54, Number 9
Anchors, Connectors and Fasteners
Learn the dos and don’ts of masonry anchors from Paul Curtis, industry veteran.
Mixers, Pumps and Delivery Systems
The “Standard Specification for Grout for Masonry” allows for consistent quality and safety of masonry structures.
Scaffolding and Mast Climber Safety
Proper and appropriate training is simply critical to avoiding falls and other injuries.
Drone technology can be used to inspect building façades.
COLUMNS & DEPARTMENTS
- 60Scaffolding By K.K. Snyder For nearly a quarter of a century, Scaffold Training Institute programs have educated more than 250,000 workers around the world. The institutes programs keep them safer and working smarter, armed with the knowledge of proper scaffold erection and usage. Founder John Palmer, himself a certified safety…
- 55September 2015 Safety Proper and appropriate training is simply critical to avoiding falls and other injuries. By Jim Cook Training, meticulous adherence to safety guidelines and situational awareness all contribute to preventing tragedies on jobsites, particularly those involving working at heights. A recent fatal accident in North Carolina illustrates the…
- 52September 2015 Technology By Tom Russack Engineers often are challenged with inspecting tall structures. Engineered Building Inspections, P.C., is a specialty engineering firm that performs façade and waterproofing evaluations in the New York City region. The firm knows the high costs associated with the telescopic man lifts and scaffolding setups…
- 51Table of Contents September 2013 Volume 52, Number 9 FEATURES Connectors, Anchors and Fasteners An industry expert helps to examine the role of pintles in wall anchoring Mixers, Pumps and Delivery Systems An overview of equipment features that allow you to meet the challenges of proper mortar and grout delivery…
- 51Connectors, Anchors and Fasteners By Steven Fechino We use anchoring and reinforcement on every project, whether restoration or new construction. The types of anchors generally are based on what veneer we are anchoring, the weight of the veneer, the condition of the substrate and challenges that are present in installing…