Volume 54, Number 7
Scheels All Sports Gets Protection Year ‘Round
A silicone, liquid-applied air barrier keeps Scheels cold-weather construction moving forward.
Specialty Store Gets a Special Mortar
Trader Joe’s uses Amerimix Water Repellent Mortar with RainBloc in all Colorado locations.
When and Why to Rent
A look at whether a mason contractor’s dollars are best spent by purchasing new equipment or renting
Joint Reinforcement: Less Is More
Less Is More: Mason contractors are empowered to help improve joint reinforcement specifications.
COLUMNS & DEPARTMENTS
- 54January 2014 Air Barriers A Crash Course in Air Barriers By Colin Szewaga All images courtesy of Hohhman and Barnard Continuous air barrier prevents moisture laden air from penetrating the backup wall Air barriers are mandatory requirements in two standards and two codes (ASHRAE 90.1-2010, ASHRAE 189.1-11, 2012 IECC and 2012 IgCC). These codes and…
- 53January 2012 Air Barriers New Breed How the latest air barrier technology helps mason contractors get bigger slices of project pies A technician demonstrates the ease of detailing rough openings with the “new breed” of air and water barrier products. Just gun it on and spread it out – no complicated tapes, fabrics or peel-and-stick…
- 53Case Study: Air Barriers A silicone, liquid-applied air barrier keeps Scheels cold-weather construction moving forward. When it opens this summer, the new 220,000-square-foot Scheels All Sports Super Store in Overland Park, Kan. – the 26th in a chain of Scheels stores across 11 states – will house the largest selection of sports-related merchandise in Kansas.…
- 48July 2014 Air Barriers and Insulation Fluid Applied Air and Water Barriers: The Science Behind the Product By Arthur Mintie Figure 1. Shown is a typical commercial project utilizing a fluid applied air and water barrier in conjunction with a natural stone veneer finish. Photo courtesy of LATICRETE International Inc. Air and water barriers serve…
- 42July 2009 Air Barriers Understanding Air and Vapor Barriers By Jennie Farnsworth With moisture-related problems in both new construction and older buildings equally prevalent in the news, there is no doubt that air and vapor barriers should be a well used and understood tool in a designer’s bag of tricks. However, depending on a number…