Table of Contents
Volume 54, Number 4
Restoring Cut River Bridge
After more than 70 years of braving harsh Michigan winters, the stone facade of Michigan’s Cut River Bridge was ready for a facelift.
The Right Anchor for the Job
A brief look at what works, some we may not have considered, what’s new, and what should no longer be used
Scaffolding: A Worldwide Reach for Safety
Scaffold Training Institute programs help keep workers safer and working smarter.
Scaffolding: ‘Non-Stop’ Progress
A one-on-one with Justin Breithaupt Sr., founder of Non-Stop Scaffolding, whose efforts have benefited the masonry industry for more than 50 years
COLUMNS & DEPARTMENTS
- 85Scaffolding By K.K. Snyder For nearly a quarter of a century, Scaffold Training Institute programs have educated more than 250,000 workers around the world. The institutes programs keep them safer and working smarter, armed with the knowledge of proper scaffold erection and usage. Founder John Palmer, himself a certified safety professional, still spends time in…
- 76Scaffolding Justin Breithaupt Sr., founder of Non-Stop Scaffolding, is an innovative leader whose efforts have benefited and complemented the masonry industry for more than 50 years. Masonry recently had the opportunity sit down, with one of the difference makers in the construction and masonry industries, Justin Breithaupt Sr., founder of Non-Stop Scaffolding. Many materials and…
- 68May 2009 Scaffolding State of the Scaffolding Industry Photo courtesy of EZ Scaffold By Jennifer Morrell Scaffolding plays a huge role in the masonry industry. To learn how scaffolding companies are continuing to survive and thrive in such a challenging economy, Masonry went directly to the sources. Executives from three solid scaffolding companies answered a…
- 59Rehabs and Restorations After more than 70 years of braving harsh Michigan winters, the stone facade of this iconic Cut River Bridge was ready for a facelift. Because the restoration had to be reviewed and approved by the Michigan State Historic Preservation Office and comply with federal laws, a mortar material that had similar physical…
- 48March 2015 Saw Blades By Jim Cook The thing about blades is that they can always be a little sharper. That’s a maxim the masonry blade industry has taken to heart as it continues to innovate, making blades more versatile, more durable and less expensive to produce. The masonry blade industry has done much to…